Early in Oct I noticed that the USB Port was not working on my Satellite laptop. I took my computer to Geek Squad for repair and was told they could not do the work since it was actually the motherobard causing this.

I then called the Toshiba company to see how much it would be for this type of repair. When I told them what Geek Squad said about the USB port and it being caused by the motherboard theyday agreed that that was the problem. After getting it backed up I paid for the shipping costs and sent it to them.

We will proceed with in warranty repairs, please allow at least 5 business days for the unit to arrive.

A few days later I received an Email stating

Parts $7.47 (LCD COVER)

$13.75 (TOP COVER)

Labor $60.00

Total $ 81.22

******Please note that these repairs are optional and if you would like to proceed with only in warranty repairs please advise******

**only if you reside in California will sales tax be charged 8.75% on parts only.

If you would like to continue with the repairs for your laptop, please return the completed and signed credit card form by one of the following methods:

Fax: 408-262-3907 (attn: Katrina Cheng)

Email: (PDF/JPG formats accepted only)

We do not accept payment over phone due to needing a physical signature on the credit card form

Payment will need to be received no later than (12/04/2015) to prevent your unit from being returned unrepaired. Repair process is approximately 2-3 days once the payment is approved, and the unit is shipped via Fedex 2 day delivery

My answer to this was:

Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 6:19 PM

To: Brenda A

Subject: Re: TOSHIBA CASE tc-10590988

Importance: High

I knew about that crack and reported it on the form I mailed in to you. I know this is not covered under the warranty and I do not want this repaired as I sent it back to you only for the repair of the USB port (Motherboard). Please continue with this warranty repair only

Their response was:

Best regards,

Brenda

A few days later I received the computer and nothing was repaired. They have inconvenienced me and had me pay to ship my computer to them.

I immediately called and asked them why. They tell me it was due to the damage. I tried to tell them and had disclosed this and had been told the warranty repairs would be completed. I have called back 3 times since. The last person I talked with named Jay who said it is not the motherboard but the USB port which is not warranted. I think this is just an excuse to not do the repair which was diagnosed not only by Geek Squad but also their technician when I first called. I was not given the option of paying at that time for a USB repair but the tech also agreed about the motherboard. Perhaps they just want to sell you the packing box to send in.

NOTE: the damage to the case was due to inferior materials used by Toshiba. Plastic instead of metal. I have vowed never to buy another Toshiba again. Just bought a new Lenovo, (NOT PLASTIC).

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of dont stand behind product-ripping consumers off and poor customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of toshiba laptop and associated monetary loss in the amount of $250. Toshiba needs to "repair my computer as agreed upon by your tech & brenda. also refund my shipping cost which was for nothing. send me authorization to ship and return by overnight paid" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned toshiba laptop in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Toshiba.

Had an Experience with Toshiba?

Comments

AZDESERTGAL

This company is not accredited by the BBB so therefore they seem to get away with this type of treatment of their customers.

Never do business with any company that is not BBB accredited.

This review has not helped me either in any way.Toshiba has never even tried to contact me to offer a solution which any reputable company would try to do.

The computer is a piece of S__T.

The remaining USP ports are also a problem.Nothing will stay plugged into it due to the wearing away on the inside of these ports.