TOSHIBAS BIOS UPDATE BRICKED MY P75-A7200 & THEY WON'T FIX!!!
BOUGHT P75-A7200 IN FEB 2014 AT A COST OF $800 FOR DAUGHTER IN USAF.TOSHIBA SENT OUT A BIOS UPDATE IN APRIL 2015 THAT BRICKED HER LAPTOP DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE BIOS VERSION 1.65 (VERSES 1.0 WHICH ALLOWS THE PC TO RUN CORRECTLY) IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE WIN 8.1 64-BIT THAT WAS PRE-LOADED ON THE SYSTEM.
SO IN ESSENCE, TOSHIBA SENT THE EQUIVALENT OF A MALICIOUS VIRUS TO THE LAPTOP THUS RENDERING IT USELESS.
TOSHIBA ALSO BANNED ME FROM THEIR WEBSITE FORUMS (WHERE OTHER FORMER TOSHIBA CUSTOMERS HAVE EXPRESSED THEIR DISDAIN FOR THIS COMPANY) BY BLOCKING MY ROUTER'S IP ADDRESS.IM OUT $800 FOR THIS POS AND TOSHIBA REFUSES TO REPAIR OR REPLACE AT NO COST TO ME WHEN THIS ENTIRE ISSUE IS THEIR FAULT!!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dont stand behind product-ripping consumers off
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toshiba Satellite P75 A7200
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ive ordered JXD S5100 game tablet (device) for my son on 20th november 2012. I received package begin January 2013. After opening and examining device, i figured there is no..."
- "Bought Tablet NOVO Hero 10.1. Arrived early January 2013 when I was on holidays. Machine very soon failed. Contacted support via live chat and they suggested to use the reset..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "These patches do not work. They won't stick to anything. They make it impossible for the medicine to stay on your skin the recommended 12 hour dose. The old..."
- "I am acting as power-of-attorney for my aunt, who currently resides in a nursing home. She is both hard-of-hearing and in the early stages of dementia, so she is..."
- "Bought Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Ebay for $423. The logo pop up to add the warranty but had to wait a few days to get the fund. Two days..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "well i,m disable an i was post to get a raise on my social security an my ssi but all i got was a Dollar an a penny raise so..."