I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930.Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge.
Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact Toshiba support explain the situation, they said no problem ship it to us we will take care of it for you. I did, and as soon as they receive the Laptop they sent me an E-mail that the Laptop has liquid damage, and it will not be covered under warranty, also they billed me $435.00 out of packet to repair my laptop. First of all, I never exposed my laptop to any liquid, second of all my laptop is functioning very well except the battery does not hold a charge anymore, so all what they had to do simply replace the battery under warranty agreement, but instead they came up with this excuse that Motherboard had to be replaced. I asked them to send me a photo to proof there is a liquid damage, they did and photo shows there is a stain on outside memory card slot which they falsely connect this to liquid damage on motherboard so they can avoid my warranty for this repair.
So Toshiba decided to return my laptop back to me without repair it, unless I pay $435 out of my packet to them. I did call them several times and ask to speak with supervisor, after putting me on hold for more 10 Minutes phone would cut off on me.
When I received the Laptop back from Toshiba I took this laptop to local Computer shop repair for inspection liquid damages, what they find out just a stain on memory card slot outside of motherboard, and no sign of liquid damages on Motherboard at all.What they said was battery needs to be replaced not motherboard.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Portege Z930
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was..."
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "Guy is a crook. Sold me a piece of junk Dell D620 Laptop, guaranteed the computer to work fine. Computer failed less than 2 months later, and called to ask..."
- "This is a fake company and a scam. Please stay away. There is zero customer service. You are lucky if your product is not defective. We bought toilets from them...."
- "Goodyear Auto Service Center A Division of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. On Thursday August 18, 2011 I paid Goodyear Auto Service Center, a division of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company,..."
- "I have an FTD membership. However, they did not allow me to use my free shipping that comes with the membership because all arrangement were discounted 10% for the..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "I am duly authorized by law, and duty bound as a Spiritual Master, to make statements in public to warn other people about harm or danger. This falls under Qualified..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."