I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930.Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge.
Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact Toshiba support explain the situation, they said no problem ship it to us we will take care of it for you. I did, and as soon as they receive the Laptop they sent me an E-mail that the Laptop has liquid damage, and it will not be covered under warranty, also they billed me $435.00 out of packet to repair my laptop. First of all, I never exposed my laptop to any liquid, second of all my laptop is functioning very well except the battery does not hold a charge anymore, so all what they had to do simply replace the battery under warranty agreement, but instead they came up with this excuse that Motherboard had to be replaced. I asked them to send me a photo to proof there is a liquid damage, they did and photo shows there is a stain on outside memory card slot which they falsely connect this to liquid damage on motherboard so they can avoid my warranty for this repair.
So Toshiba decided to return my laptop back to me without repair it, unless I pay $435 out of my packet to them. I did call them several times and ask to speak with supervisor, after putting me on hold for more 10 Minutes phone would cut off on me.
When I received the Laptop back from Toshiba I took this laptop to local Computer shop repair for inspection liquid damages, what they find out just a stain on memory card slot outside of motherboard, and no sign of liquid damages on Motherboard at all.What they said was battery needs to be replaced not motherboard.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Portege Z930
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Matt Gulla was on Ted's team for 90 days, then got his very own department (Customer Advocacy). With a resume like this he was clearly the one for the job......"
- "To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement. I purchase their â€œpremier desktopâ€ product at the end of 2009. One week after..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "Just found a toenail in a marketside salad. ..."
- "Goodyear Auto Service Center A Division of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. On Thursday August 18, 2011 I paid Goodyear Auto Service Center, a division of the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company,..."
- "My wife and I booked a room through hotels.com at a Sterling Resorts Splash in Florida — 17698 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413. When we arrived..."