I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930.Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge.
Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact Toshiba support explain the situation, they said no problem ship it to us we will take care of it for you. I did, and as soon as they receive the Laptop they sent me an E-mail that the Laptop has liquid damage, and it will not be covered under warranty, also they billed me $435.00 out of packet to repair my laptop. First of all, I never exposed my laptop to any liquid, second of all my laptop is functioning very well except the battery does not hold a charge anymore, so all what they had to do simply replace the battery under warranty agreement, but instead they came up with this excuse that Motherboard had to be replaced. I asked them to send me a photo to proof there is a liquid damage, they did and photo shows there is a stain on outside memory card slot which they falsely connect this to liquid damage on motherboard so they can avoid my warranty for this repair.
So Toshiba decided to return my laptop back to me without repair it, unless I pay $435 out of my packet to them. I did call them several times and ask to speak with supervisor, after putting me on hold for more 10 Minutes phone would cut off on me.
When I received the Laptop back from Toshiba I took this laptop to local Computer shop repair for inspection liquid damages, what they find out just a stain on memory card slot outside of motherboard, and no sign of liquid damages on Motherboard at all.What they said was battery needs to be replaced not motherboard.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Portege Z930
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store. After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "I had placed an (dell laptop) order 103-1253225-4398657 on Amazon on 1st of october costed me around 62250 INR ($948) and its been 23 days, I have not received my product..."
- "This is a letter I sent to the president of HCA on September 19, 2014 Mr. R. Milton Johnson 5012 Hill Place Drive Nashville, TN 37205 Dear Mr. Johnson, I’m sorry to have to send..."
- "I placed my order with Kohls on Nov 2 after canceling my order with Wal Mart to save nearly $70-$80.00 BIG MISTAKE. I was told that I will have my..."
- "SCAM ! do not order from them ! ..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."