Toshiba warranty department is a scam

31 of 211 Toshiba reviews

I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930.Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge.

Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact Toshiba support explain the situation, they said no problem ship it to us we will take care of it for you. I did, and as soon as they receive the Laptop they sent me an E-mail that the Laptop has liquid damage, and it will not be covered under warranty, also they billed me $435.00 out of packet to repair my laptop. First of all, I never exposed my laptop to any liquid, second of all my laptop is functioning very well except the battery does not hold a charge anymore, so all what they had to do simply replace the battery under warranty agreement, but instead they came up with this excuse that Motherboard had to be replaced. I asked them to send me a photo to proof there is a liquid damage, they did and photo shows there is a stain on outside memory card slot which they falsely connect this to liquid damage on motherboard so they can avoid my warranty for this repair.

So Toshiba decided to return my laptop back to me without repair it, unless I pay $435 out of my packet to them. I did call them several times and ask to speak with supervisor, after putting me on hold for more 10 Minutes phone would cut off on me.

When I received the Laptop back from Toshiba I took this laptop to local Computer shop repair for inspection liquid damages, what they find out just a stain on memory card slot outside of motherboard, and no sign of liquid damages on Motherboard at all.What they said was battery needs to be replaced not motherboard.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Portege Z930
Review category
Computers
review #615602

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Toshiba? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
31 of 211 Toshiba reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 04, 2015 #991739

TOSHIBA IS A JOKE, I WORK AT A LARGE SUPERSTORE AND I HAVE SOLD MANY CUSTOMERS TOSHIBA, NO MORE...THEY DID THE EXACT THING TO ME, THEY TRIED TO SAY I DAMAGED MY OWN MOTHERBOARD, AFTER THEY INSISTED MY WARRANTY WAS OUT IN APRIL OF 2015, I HAD TO GO TO SEARS AND GET COPIES OF MY REC, TO PROVE IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY, THEN I HAD TO PAY THEM 29 DOLLARS TO SHIP IT TO THEM, FOR THEM TO TURN AROUND AND TRY TO CHARGE ME 700 BUCKS, FOR A DVD DRIVE, SCREEN AND KEYBOARD, WHEN THE COMPUTER COST 350 TO BEGIN WITH. BY THE WAY MY KEYBOARD AND EVERYTHING ELSE WORKED, I NEVER EVEN USED THE DVD DRIVE ONE TIME, FOR THEM TO CLAIM I DAMAGED MY OWN MOTHER BOARD AND LCD SCREEN, WHEN ALL OF THAT WORKED, BEFORE IT REFUSED TO POWER ON...I HAVE SOLD MANY TOSHIBAS, WHERE I WORK, BUT I WILL SELL NO MORE...UNLESS MY CUSTOMER INSISTS, I ALSO ASKED TO HAVE A SUPERVISOR CALL ME, I NEVER HEARD A WORD...THIS COMPANY WILL DO ANYTHING, THEY WILL SLITHER LIKE A RATTLESNAKE TO GET OUT OF FIXING YOUR COMPUTER THAT IS UNDER WARRRANTY, I WILL NEVER AGAIN OWN A TOSHIBA PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE, AND I WILL TRY TO TALK EVERY CUSTOMER I RUN ACROSS, NOT TO BUY ONE AS WELL, AND BY THE WAY, I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND A WORD THEY WERE SAYING MOST OF THE TIME EITHIER, ENGLISH PLEASE, I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BBB, IT MAY NOT DO ANY GOOD, BUT I KNOW I WILL COST THEM MORE THAN THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME, I WORKED IN ELECTRONICS FOR OVER 5 YEARS, AND WILL NO LONGER ENCOURAGE ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS TO BUY TOSHIBA..I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN... Show more

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Toshiba. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Toshiba.
Filing a new complaint about
×