15 1/2 month old Toshiba 19" TV/DVD started turning on the DVD screen even when unit was off, then switching from TV to DVD screen seconds after TV was turned on.

It had not been bumped, dropped, or otherwise harmed.

Toshiba's consumer department said it had to be sent back (the word "depot" was used) and it would be repaired for ca 170 + shipping.

Local repair shop resoddered some board for 85; however, I'm old enough to remember when companies repaired or replaced units that failed so early in their lives and were embarrassed and apologetic.

Review about: Toshiba Tv.

Had an Experience with Toshiba?

Comments

7" RCA Tablet - Exploding Battery Rca "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..." Read more Toshiba - Update to the Windows 10. Toshiba "Bought Thoshiba Satellite L50-C-13Z on October 2015, in Portugal, tryed to update the Windows 10, and it's impossible, due to C partition problems, according to error information. Already contacted the..." Read more Apple Wholesale Store - Apple-wholesale-store.com is the best and safest place to buy wholesale apple products online Apple Wholesale Store "I got my order on 4/1/2016, I bought 20 iphone SE 64gb for $5,980fedex delivered in 1 day. I also got my 10 ipad pro's on 4/1/2016.I am very happy..." Read more Asus Ethics, just a show off. Asus "I've bought an Asus laptop and it crashes as soon as it gets Windows updates. I Tried to recover, re-install, hide driver updates, etc.. didn't work and 3rd day of..." Read more Little Caesars - NEGATIVE MARKETING FOR LITTLE CAESER'S PIZZA Little Caesars "To person who verbalized the negative nature of this described Little Caesar Commercial; I agree with you. This commercial is absolutely the most thoughtless regarding Father & Son. There is..." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Horrible service Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen "I was refused food and service because I requested food close-by closing time..." Read more Physicians Hair Restoration Center - BEWARE LOREN COMITOR engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING Physicians Hair Restoration Center "BEWARE – For reasons described below, Loren Comitor is a depraved individual with no morals or ethics and engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING while working with Dr. Carlos J Puig..." Read more