15 1/2 month old Toshiba 19" TV/DVD started turning on the DVD screen even when unit was off, then switching from TV to DVD screen seconds after TV was turned on.

It had not been bumped, dropped, or otherwise harmed.

Toshiba's consumer department said it had to be sent back (the word "depot" was used) and it would be repaired for ca 170 + shipping.

Local repair shop resoddered some board for 85; however, I'm old enough to remember when companies repaired or replaced units that failed so early in their lives and were embarrassed and apologetic.

Review about: Toshiba Tv.

Had an Experience with Toshiba?

Comments

Toshiba warranty department is a scam Toshiba "I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930. Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge. Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact..." Read more APPLE WHOLESALE STORE IS THE MOST RELIABLE WHOLESALER OD APPLW PRODUCTS BAR NONE! Apple Wholesale Store "On April 4, 2016 I bought 30 iphone se 64gb from Apple Wholesale Store because of course I have read all of the positive reviews online and also saw the..." Read more Toshiba - Update to the Windows 10. Toshiba "Bought Thoshiba Satellite L50-C-13Z on October 2015, in Portugal, tryed to update the Windows 10, and it's impossible, due to C partition problems, according to error information. Already contacted the..." Read more Complain about Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS 570 KL Asus "I bought an Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS 570 KL in Gold color on April, 24th 2017. 2 weeks later it was accidentally dropped from 30 cm high. At the..." Read more Superjeweler - 3/4 Halo Ring Superjeweler "I am writing my review on the 3/4 Halo enhanced clarity ring I bought from Superjewler for $899.00 on 8/7/2017. Let me start by saying after reading the reviews I..." Read more Yelp - Yep Removed my Review twice about bad school Yelp "I left a review about Primerose Friendswood Texas on Yelp. It was about a child that needed reconstructive surgery on her finger and had to be put to sleep for..." Read more Harlem Furniture - Table Broke BEFORE A move - NOT COVERED!!!! Harlem Furniture "I bought a living room set in March 2017 - paid CASH. My table broke BEFORE a move, but because I had to be out of the house, and I'm..." Read more Crazy Beta - Printed t-shirts Crazy Beta "Crazy beta had a really good customer service; they were really polite, quick and easy. I called them asking for mens t-shirts so they will give me the complete information..." Read more