Bought a Toshiba computer, the back light went out within 1 yr, so sent it in-while still on warranty. They claimed it had spillage damage AND returned it minus a KEY! Called, was on hold 3 different times for over an HOUR! Finally reached someone (Mindy) who said they had pictures, I asked for copies but NEVER got them and she said they would send the key!

Wrote BBB, got a call from Toshiba (they left msg) that it had spillage, the repair dept said key was missing when they got it and itis not covered under warranty! Well, guess that meant no need to call back!

Needless to say, I have not received the missing key and I have had the computer less than 1 year at that time and have NEVER spilled anything on it, and when UPS sent it to the repair dept, it had ALL the keys!

After reading all of the complaints on toshiba in the BBB website, it is not worth the investment to buy a Toshiba computer/notebook. Wish I had read them BEFORE purchasing one. BUYER BEWARE!!

Had an Experience with Toshiba?

Comments

Dell - Broken promises in the sales process Dell "Whilst looking at Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 notebooks online, the presales chat pops up and the operator, Vennela tells the machine is in stock. I ask about the active stylus..." Read more Joy Systems - You Get What You Pay For Joy Systems "Purchased a refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 from Tiger Direct Business. The price and its use/need was too good to pass up. It was advertised to have 4 GB DDR2 memory...." Read more Toshiba warranty department is a scam Toshiba "I have Toshiba Laptop Model # Z930. Lately this laptop battery start acting up and it was not holding a charge. Since this Laptop is still under warranty I contact..." Read more STAY AWAY! Ifixyouri is uncommunicative, unprofessional, and useless. iFixYouri "I'm a senior in college who struggled through weeks without a laptop thanks to ifixyouri. This company is completely terrible at communicating with its customers without an incredible amount of..." Read more Harlem Furniture - Table Broke BEFORE A move - NOT COVERED!!!! Harlem Furniture "I bought a living room set in March 2017 - paid CASH. My table broke BEFORE a move, but because I had to be out of the house, and I'm..." Read more Kfc - COULD HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF REAL POTATOES FOR THIS PRICE Kfc "I bought a side of mashed potatoes with my chicken sandwich for $2. $2 for some effing whimpy side of potatoes. WTF-I could have bought a bag of potatoes at..." Read more Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Paid for a full dinner, didn't know I had to cook it myself Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen "Last night I drove to Popeyes to buy my family of four dinner. I paid $27 for a 10-piece chicken dinner with a large coleslaw and a large beans and..." Read more Trugreen - Really PISSED at Truegreen Trugreen "We have been customers of True Green got many years. In the beginning the service was ok. Our lawn did improve. The second year it appeared to get better. As..." Read more