1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Usability

I purchased a similar model, a Toshiba Chromebook CB30-C in June of 2016.In May of 2017, it broke down while still in warranty.

Toshiba promised a 10 business day turnaround on repairs. They sent a box for me to ship the device and charged me $22 to ship it to them, which I did. Their website has a place where you can look up the repair status, but there is no telephone support at all if you have questions on the status of your device. 10 Business days came and went.

The status on my device said the repair needed a part that could delay the repairs "up to another 10 business days." Those additional 10 business days came and went. Still no repaired device. Still nobody to ask about it. Nobody to complain to or escalate the issue.

No additional information has been posted and I have been out of my Chromebook for over a month with no end in sight. I Googled Toshiba service complaints and discovered something I wished I had known before I wasted hundreds of dollars. There were dozens of complaints quite similar to my own. TOSHIBA SERVICE IS HORRENDOUSLY BAD!

People who have experienced similar issues have not received their devices back for many more months than me.I have also read where the Toshiba Corporation has been ridden with scandals and the CEO was forced to resign in disgrace two years ago.

Review about: Toshiba Laptop Repair.

Preferred solution: I want my Chromebook to be replaced with a new device if it can't be repaired in a timely manner..

I liked: Chromebook worked fine until it broke down.

I didn't like: Making promises about fixing the device without keeping them, No ability to escalate the issue, No telephone support to explain status of repair.

Had an Experience with Toshiba?

Comments