Update added by user Aug 15, 2012
The computer has more problems coming back from Toshiba repair than before I sent it in! Toshiba must not know the definition of repair.
Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2012
I bought a Toshiba laptop from Walmart.The hard drive was defective.
The power cord also slips out very easily. It took Toshiba many days to send me a box and return shipping label. When I finally got it, I sent the computer back to Toshiba the same day. Toshiba called me today, said the computer was damaged during shipping.
They said it is their policy not to file claims with UPS. I can't file the claim, of course, because I am not the shipper. Toshiba said I have to cough up about $500 to fix the screen.
I said it's not my responsibility to pay for the screen repair since it is their box and shipping label.In the end, they refused to fix the screen, hard drive, and power cable.
Stay away from Toshiba products.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toshiba Qosmio
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Ordered Xtream Media Server Pro-3800 Dec 23rd 2009 was told server would arrive Dec 29th 2009-Never showed! Januray 12th a Dirty, Used,dented server without owners manual, covered in greasy finger..."
- "BOUGHT P75-A7200 IN FEB 2014 AT A COST OF $800 FOR DAUGHTER IN USAF. TOSHIBA SENT OUT A BIOS UPDATE IN APRIL 2015 THAT BRICKED HER LAPTOP DUE TO THE..."
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- " i recently brought those jeans and as you can see they have a rip in them that i did not notice and the would not take them back even..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "We ordered an organic cotton duvet cover for our queen sized bed, and when it came in the mail the tags said that it was queen sized. However, it's so..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."