1.8
Ease of Use

I wanted to hook an external drive to my laptop (both Toshiba) through a SATA to USB bridge. I called Toshiba technical support for help because I could not see the drive on my machine.

I had gone to the Toshiba customer support website to try and download the latest USB driver thinking maybe that was the problem. The link was broken. So I called for help. I called hard drive support and the woman knew nothing.

She said she didn't know anything about attaching an external drive to the laptop. Since the drive had originally come from another Toshiba machine I needed to call computer technical support. I asked her about the broken link to the drivers and she said that Toshiba doesn't have a website that links to drivers and that Toshiba does not support any drivers. Okay.....so I tried the computer tech support.

The gentleman who answered was equally in the dark. Knew nothing...... could not speak to the issue at all. I asked about the broken link and he suggested I try accessing it through a different browser......Okay.................He then asked for money........Reeeeeaaaalllllly..................??????

Never again will I purchase a Toshiba product. I don't become angry with anyone from customer support if they don't know how to help me. Not their fault. They are not the person who decided to hire them for the job.

That person is to blame for providing incompetent technical support to customers.... not the person on the other end of the line who I assume is trying their best. But asking for money??????????

All I wanted was to be able to access a link on their website. This is not how you treat people and I believe that these support people are just following Toshiba policy for dealing with the customer.

Review about: Toshiba Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Toshiba needs to hire knowledgable tech support and foster a culture of respect for others within their company that etends to their customers. Then they need to hire real IT people and pay them appropriately..

I didn't like: Poor tech support disrespectful customer service.

Comments